Assassin's Creed: Odysseeis such a long video game that people are still playing it now that it's a newer oneVariant with Nordic themeis available. That speaks a lot for the craft of the game; for some,Odyssey is even better thanWalhallapartly because of better gameplay variety. This gameplay variety comes in the form of builds, most of which make combat a more fruitful and satisfying experience.
Sometimes it's even necessary to stick to these builds, especially when players are on their second or third playthrough. The right build can spice up the game. Therefore, choosing a more unique or novel build that some experienced players have come up with is key to enjoying the game even more. Some of these might even rekindle your love of trashingancient GreeceIn a way that most basic warrior or stabby hoplite builds can't.
Updated August 22, 2022 by Talha Bin Rizwan:Assassin's Creed Odyssey allows players to create a variety of different builds to suit their playstyle. The game nudges players themselves towards specific builds, but also offers players the freedom to mix and match them and create their own personal builds. Players can simply choose not to stick to a specific build, but this can help spice things up, especially in the New Game Plus modes. To create these unique builds, players need specific weapons and armor that offer specific bonuses, choose the right skills, and then use them in a specific way.
7/7Venom Assassin Build
At first glance, this is a traditional Assassin build that relies on daggersand Assassin BrotherhoodWeapons. However, these usually fare poorly in boss fights. They need to be more versatile, and Poison is the best way to cover up that weakness. Thankfully, poison weapons are everywhere, and poison stats are usually built into light weapons.
- Viper Hood: +25% Assassin Damage/+10s Intoxication Duration
- Scaled Torso - +25% Assassin Damage/+40% Poison Damage:
- Poison Gloves: +25% Assassin Damage/+50% Elemental Build
- Slithering Belt: +25% Assassin Damage/+40% Poison Damage
- Noxious Belt: +25% Assassin Damage/+10s Intoxication Duration
- critical murder
- call to arms
- death veil
- Venom Mastery
- Shadow of Nyx
- Venomous Attacks
- Sixth Sense (Hunter Tree)
- Arachne's Stingers: +25% Assassin Damage/+40% Poison Damage/Weapon Damage becomes Poison Damage
- Fanged Bow: +25% Assassin Damage/+40% Poison Damage/Plain Arrows become Poison Arrows
- activateVenomous Attacks.
- attack withArachnes StachelorFang Bowquickly build up the poison.
- It's best to move on to other targets when the current target has a full stack of poison to minimize the effort of killing.
- Occasionally players can usecall to armsfor tough enemies or encounters.
In stealth mode the gameplay is pretty simple, just don't let yourself be detected and choose the weakest targets first.
Hephaestus is the Greek god of fire, so players probably already know where this is going. The build starts out as a traditional warrior archetype, but later branches out into fire abilities and weapons. It's fairly simple and has more robust weapon options. The downside is that Fire isn't too safe for players compared to Poison.
- Agamemnon's Helm: 25% Warrior Damage/+40% Fire Damage
- Agamemnon's Gauntlets: +25% Warrior Damage/+50% Elemental Build
- Agamemnon's Armor: +25% Warrior Damage/+10s Burn Duration
- Agamemnon's Bond: +25% Warrior Damage/+10% Burn Duration in seconds
- Boots of Agamemnon: +25% Warrior Damage/+40% Fire Damage
- Cursed Bow of Hades: +25% warrior damage/+40% fire damage/burning applies to nearby enemies
- Hades' Executioner: +25% Assassin Damage/+40% Fire Damage/CRIT Chance now affects elemental build
Tipp:Hades' Executioner makes it so that stacking CRIT chance contributes to fire build up, so it's recommended to use items and upgrades that increase CRIT chance.
TIED TOGETHER:Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Unglaubliche Alexios-Cosplays
- Ares' last breath
- fire control
- Blazing Attacks
- Kronos Time Shift (Jägerbaum)
- Kronos Time Warp (Jägerbaum)
- Permanent fire
- overpower attacks
- Ring des Chaos
Since fire damage is delicate and dangerous, it's best to keep your distance by using the Cursed Bow of Hades instead.
- UseBlazing Attacks.
- floggingCursed Arch of Hadesand attack withPermanent fireagainst groups of enemies.
- Flaming regular attacks work well against bosses or single enemies.
- If players swarm, they can useKronos time shiftorKronos time leapto buy time and distance.
- Another alternative to get surrounded is spamRing des ChaosWithBlazing Attacks.
- When players catch fire, they can use some dodges to put it out.
5/7Artemis Archer Build
If fire is a bit too much, players will be pleased to know that it isn't even necessary for bow building. A normal, albeit powerful and untouchable, bow build that we call Artemis Archer (because it's divine) is available.
- Master's Artemis Hood: +25% Hunter Damage/+50% Headshot Damage
- Master's Artemis Outfit: +25% Hunter Damage/+20% Bow Loading Speed
- Master's Artemis Gloves: +25% Hunter Damage/+50% Adrenaline on Headshot Kill
- Artemis Belt of the Master: +25% hunter damage/+30% damage with bows at distant targets
- Master's Artemis Treads: +25% Hunter Damage/+20% Arc Charged Shot Damage
- Achilles Bow: +25% Hunter Damage/+10% CRIT Chance/+20% Damage with the Devastating Shot ability
- Any melee weapon with +% hunter damage
- Master Archery
- Battlecry of Ares (Warrior Tree)
- Crushing Shot
- Spirit Arrows of Artemis
- rain of destruction
- Permanent fire
- predator shot
- Slow Time (Assassin Tree)
- Sixth sense
- Useslow timewhen surrounded.
- UsePermanent fireorrain of destructionagainst multiple enemies.
- UseCrushing Shotagainst bosses or tougher enemies.
- UseSpirit Arrows of Artemisagainst enemies with shields.
- Usepredator shotin stealth runs.
One of the most common builds for all players who don't want to resort to gimmicks like fire or poison, but still want high damage numbers and the quick death of enemies, are CRIT builds. Crafting them is easy enough as the items are obvious enough and stack easily. With the right mastery and gear combo, the CRIT chance stacks up to 100%.
- Pirate Hood: +25% Assassin Damage/+20% CRIT Chance at full health
- Pirate Gauntlets: +25% Assassin Damage/+50% CRIT Damage
- Pirate Armor: +25% Assassin Damage/+50% Adrenaline on Assassination Skill
- Pirate League: +25% Assassin Damage/+10% CRIT Chance
- Pirate Treads: +25% Assassin Damage/+20% CRIT Chance at full health
- Xiphos of Dionysus: +25% Assassin Damage/+50% CRIT Damage/+20% Damage with Hero Strike ability
- Falx of Olympos: +25% Assassin damage/+40% Adrenaline per CRIT/+100% damage but health capped at 25%
- Any arc that adds CRIT Chance
TIED TOGETHER:Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Erstaunliche Kassandra-Cosplays
- Rush Attentat (Assassin Tree)
- Fury of the Bloodline (Kriegerbaum)
- Gear Master (Warrior Tree)
- Hero Strike (Assassin Tree)
- Second Wind (Warrior Tree)
- Schattenassassine (Assassinenbaum)
- Stealth-Meister (Assassinenbaum)
- Disappear (Assassin Tree)
- Weapon Master (Warrior Tree)
- Try to avoid combat, just walk or sneak behind enemies and assassinate them.
- Rush-Attentatandheroic strikehelp a lot here.
- UseBloodline Furyto quickly tackle key objectives in the midst of battles.
- If spotted or surrounded, useDisappear.
3/7Spartan Warrior Build
Who says roleplaying and gameplay efficiency aren't mutually exclusive?Assassin's Creed: Odysseeallows it. Anything is possible with the shiny and legendary Spartanarmor set. Alexios or Cassandra are Spartans anyway, so it makes more sense for them to stick with that playstyle.
- Spartan War Hero Helm: +25% warrior damage/+40% damage to Athenian soldiers
- Spartan War Hero Gauntlets: +25 % Kriegerschaden/+10 % CRIT-Chance
- Spartan War Hero Armor: +25% Warrior Damage/+50% CRIT Damage
- Spartan War Hero Belt: +25% Warrior Damage/+20% Damage with Overpower Abilities
- Spartan War Hero Boots: +25% Warrior Damage/+10% Total Damage
- The Sword of Kings: +25% Warrior Damage/+10% Total Damage/50% Melee Charge Speed
- Harpe of Perseus: +25% Hunter Damage/+50% CRIT Damage/-25% Cooldown for all abilities
- Battle cry of Ares
- Bull Rush
- Charged Heavy Attack
- Bloodline Fury
- overpower attacks
- Ring des Chaos
- second wind
- Spartan kick
- Forget the secrecyBull Rushan enemy. If they have shields, use themshieldbreaker.
- If an enemy isn't down yet, use itSpartan kickon them. Use this every time, it's importantfor the roleplay.
- If adrenaline is not full, useBloodline Furyon a tough enemy, then useoverpower attackon them. When Adrenaline is full, just use Overpower Attack.
- If surrounded, useRing des Chaos.
- When near death, usesecond windorBattle cry of Ares.
- Use Atheniansas training dummies for maximum damage screenshots.
2/7Prince of Persia
The Legacy of the First Blade ist eine Hommage an Ubisofts altePrince of PersiaFranchise by adding some items used by the prince in the games. The build focuses on fast attacks, mobility, and abilities that allow Kassandra or Alexios to slow down time. As armor increases warrior damage, complementary abilities and powers are chosen to help players get the most out of it. However, assassin skills are also selected to complete the prince's feel.
- Persian Elite Band: +15% warrior damage, +4% fire damage
- Persian Elite Bracers: +15% warrior damage, +3% adrenaline per hit
- Persian Elite Chest Armor: +15% Warrior Damage, +5% CRIT Damage
- Persian Elite Belt: +15% warrior damage, +1% CRIT
- Persian Elite Boots: +15% warrior damage, +1% total damage
- Edge of Time: +15% Assassin Damage, +15% Adrenaline per hit
- Sword of Kings: +19% warrior damage, +8% total damage
- second wind
- Blazing Attacks
- slow time
- Kronos time shift
- Sneak up on enemies and assassinate as many as possible.
- Draw the dagger and use flame attacks
- Perform a perfect dodge to trigger the Slow Time ability
- Rapidly attack as many enemies as possible until the effect lasts, then go back on defense until another slow time can be triggered
- When you're surrounded, draw the sword, use flaming attacks, then use Kronos Time Shift to take out as many as possible.
- If you are near death, use Second Wind
The Greek Legend build transformsAlexios oder Kassandrainto the stuff of legends and mow down foes in their path with godlike fury. The build is robust as the armor set offers damage resistance bonuses that allow players to withstand more hits than usual. The gear also increases warrior damage, making it a preferred build for players who like to get up close and personal with their enemies.
- Perseus Helm: +15% damage with warrior abilities, +25% warrior damage, +20% chance to ignore half damage
- Jason's Golden Fleece: +25% warrior damage, +60% total armor
- Hippolyta's Belt: +25% Warrior Damage and +30% Melee Resistance
- Bracers of Theseus: +25% warrior damage, +20% health
- Atalanta Sandals: +25% Warrior Damage and +20% Elemental Resistance
- Prometheus' Sika: +15% fire damage and buildup, +15% warrior damage
- Bow of Hades: +25% warrior damage, +40% fire damage, simple arrows become fire arrows
- second wind
- slow time
- gear master
- Blazing Attacks
- predator shot
- Overwhelm Bow Strike
- Zorn des Ares
- overpower attacks
- Battle cry of Ares
- Sneak up on enemies and use Predator Shot to take out as many of them as possible.
- When enemies are grouped together, use Overpower Bow Strike.
- Use Flame attacks with Prometheus' Sika for additional fire damage in melee.
- Fill up the adrenaline bar and unleash overwhelming attacks on enemies to eliminate them
- Dodge enemy attacks to trigger the Slow Time ability.
- If you're surrounded, use Wrath of Ares.
- When health is low, use Second Wind.
Assassin's Creed Odysseeis available on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Stadia and Amazon Luna.
MORE:Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Secret Side Quests Everyone Missed
What answers should I give to Deimos? ›
Tell them: "You don't need the Cult." When Deimos tries to fight, make the final decision by choosing the option: "I don't want to fight you." You offer them your spear, instead, and they'll take it. You'll know if you've successfully saved Deimos by their reaction.What is the most overpowered weapon in Assassin's Creed Odyssey? ›
The Falx of Olympos is both the most unique and powerful weapon in the spear category, if not the entirety of the game, thanks to its legendary engraving.Does picking Alexios or Kassandra matter? ›
While the choice between Alexios and Kassandra is an important one, it won't change things significantly from a gameplay perspective. Both characters have the same skillsets to utilize in combat and the same DPS levels as they are gradually upgraded throughout the game.Is poison or fire better in Odyssey? ›
Poison Is Better Than Fire
Yes, it does more damage over time and can stagger enemies, but chances are your flailing foes will set the entire area on fire, you included.
The Spartan Pledge is a verbal promise to reach out to a Battle Buddy before taking one's own life by one's own hand. For Patriot Challenge 2021, nearly 2,500 individuals took the Spartan Pledge. To take the Spartan Pledge at your event or have the Spartan Sword present at an event, contact us.Who is Deimos if you pick Kassandra? ›
16/16 Kassandra: She's The Canonical Hero
The novelization of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, where the adventures we take part in the game are written down in print, follows Kassandra instead of Alexios. Here it's confirmed that Kassandra was the older sibling and that Alexios went on to become Deimos.
The most significant of these is its perk that reduces the adrenaline cost of overpower attacks. But it also has an incredible increase to crit damage, stacking 20% more. So, if you're planning on using heavy weapons, then the Minotaur's Labrys is likely the best option.
It doesn't really matter which one you pick. Your choice should be more about visuals and inner feelings. Each one of the horses behaves in a similar manner in any situation that I tried and it doesn't seem to make any difference. It's all down to your personal preferences.Can you get a girlfriend in Odyssey? ›
All the characters who, like you, also want to get their Greek on. Romance options are now a thing in Assassin's Creed Odyssey, marking the first time romanceable characters have been included in such depth in the Assassin's Creed series.Is there a Zeus weapon in Assassin's Creed Odyssey? ›
There is a statue called Zeus Lightning in Kephallonia, depicting the King of the Gods poised to throw his weapon from the skies. But apart from that, the weapon does not exist in the game.
Which weapon is powerful of God? ›
It was the Trident of Lord Shiva. According to Shaiva traditions, the most powerful weapon in Hindu mythology, infallible, cannot be stopped by anyone, except Lord Shiva himself and Goddess Shakti; the consort of Lord Shiva in Parvati form. Though it was once stopped by Atikaya, who caught hold of it mid-air.Who is the best character to play in as Odyssey? ›
Ultimately, the choise between playing as Kassandra or Alexios in Assassin's Creed Odyssey comes down to personal preference. Each player can make their own decision, but if they wish to play the canonical protagonist and witness Alexios' performance as Deimos, then they should choose Kassandra.What is the best animal to tame in Odyssey? ›
Lynx are small. So it is very easy to take them anywhere. Lynx are my favorite pet because their mobility in combat often keeps them alive the longest.Who is the strongest cultist AC Odyssey? ›
1/10 Ghost Of Kosmos
By far the hardest cultist to find is the Ghost Of Kosmos. The Ghost is the leader of the entire cult and all the sages answer to this individual. Finding the Ghost requires killing every single member of the cult from the lowly informants to the seven sages themselves.
In Assassin's Creed Odyssey, you can choose to play either Alexios (a man) or Kassandra (a woman), two siblings separated from their Spartan parents during childhood. In the game, their abilities are the same; they wear the same armor and wield the same weapons.Can you romance Kassandra? ›
Kassandra and Alexios both have quite a few romance options in Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Here's a look at some of the best for each. While romance isn't a big part of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, it's a fun quirk in the game that helps the player get invested.Does Kassandra get pregnant? ›
It conspires that in the second episode of the Legacy of the Blade DLC, Shadow Heritage, Alexios / Kassandra form a romantic relationship with Darius' child and end up having a child.Who should I take Hades horse to? ›
Deliver The Horse To Persephone
Once you've made the decision to deliver the horse to Persephone's Jockey, you can begin to ride it, which will make your journey much quicker. The Asphodel Fields is your objective location for this path, so you need to ride it there and deliver it to the jockey to complete the quest.
In A Bloody Feast, tell Deimos "Hold on!" after you fight him. In Doing Time, convince Deimos the cult is manipulating you both. Deimos will say "I am not your puppet," if it worked. Continue to convince Deimos the cult is using him and refuse to fight in Where it all Began.What should I answer to Kassandra? ›
Kassandra will start the Flyting and end her first speech with, "There stood Eivor, hot-headed and brash." Players should respond with: "To see us now, you'd not believe our clash."
What do you say to Deimos in Chapter 8? ›
At the start of the chapter, you'll be in conversation with Deimos. For the best ending, choose the following options, "We didn't abandon you", "Our mother searched for you", "She thought you were dead", and "I was thrown off too".Can Alexios be Deimos? ›
Alexios can be chosen as the Eagle Bearer/mithios (the main protagonist) of Assassin's Creed: Odyssey. If chosen, his elder half-sister Kassandra becomes the "Deimos". Canonically, however, Alexios is the "Deimos".Is Alexios a Demigod? ›
Personality and characteristics. As Deimos, Alexios possessed a messiah complex, believing himself to be a "demigod" due to his Isu blood, someone who would bring order to the Greek world. Due to his harsh upbringing by the Cult of Kosmos, he displayed no empathy for anyone and a strong lust for violence and warfare.How do I stop Deimos from killing Myrrine? ›
Promise Myrrine Deimos can be saved in Chapter 6. Convince Nikolaos to intervene with Stentor when he is seen again in The Last Fight of Aristalos. Do not kill Stentor in The Conqueror. Start convincing Deimos they are being used in The Battle of Pylos.